Copy/paste from Word to Whatsapp leads to pasting of text image, not text (Mac OS)

Anonymous
2022-05-24T15:45:52+00:00

Hello!

When I paste from MS Word to Whatsapp desktop version, the text doesn't paste. Instead, an image of the text appears. However if I copy and paste the text from apple notes or powerpoint, there's no issue. I can't figure out why this only happens in Word. Any suggestions? Thank you, Tyler

MacBook Pro running Mac OSBigSur 11.6.2

MS Word version 16.60

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | Other | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Jim G 134.1K Reputation points MVP
2022-05-26T02:34:56+00:00

Hi

Test to see if Word is copying text. Copy text in Word and switch to TextEdit and then paste. TextEdit can't display pictures, so if the text appears, then you know Word put text onto the clipboard. Try pasting in other apps, as well.

Word has no control over what WhatsApp does with the clipboard. Apparently WhatsApp is doing something odd with the clipboard.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-10T10:10:19+00:00

    Hello everyone!

    Wonderful news...I can copy from Word and paste to WhatsApp (Version 2.2246.10) on my MacBook Air (running on Ventura 13.0.1) now...been successfully doing it for the past week. May it be a permanent one from now onwards :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-11-27T14:34:50+00:00

    Will MS resolve this issue, i am facing it too

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-11-17T02:19:31+00:00

    This workaround helps, thanks. I can copy from WORD to NOTES and then from NOTES to WHATSAPP desktop.

    I have Mac, running Ventura 13.

    Cannot copy from WORD to WHATSAPP desktop.

    All apps are up to date.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-11-16T01:43:16+00:00

    Thanks so much for this suggestion. Up till now I have had to save the text in a word doc, save it on onedrive then open the file on my Samsung Galaxy and paste the text into Whatsapp on my phone.

    Now, using text edit it is much faster.

    Thanks again, your a star :)

    John

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments