OneNote sign in and synching problem!

Anonymous
2022-04-26T15:21:05+00:00

Hello, in my one note app I keep getting the synching error which ask me to sign in. I click on the sign in button but no window open for me to sign in. I did many trouble shhoting steps, by deleting the app bu non worked. I have two devices and both are the same.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For education | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-04-26T18:30:00+00:00

    1. web version is good but onenote for windows 10 keeps asking me to sign in.

    3 I followed every instruction stated here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/resolve-account-authentication-errors-in-onenote-a8632a1d-7c39-4607-904c-3f165e4819ce?ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=us

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-04-26T18:33:36+00:00

    My husband and I have the same problem on OneNote for Windows 10. When we open OneNote for Windows 10, the page sync status says "Saved offline (sign in required)" but when you click on the message and then the sign in button, the button doesn't do anything. I'm afraid to sign out and remove my account, so I'm not doing that. I don't have this issue with OneNote app that I have installed on one of my computers, but I don't want to use that version because of the horizontal section layout which is inconvenient when you have section groups.

    We don't have issues on onenote.com web site -- can sign in and pages are synced. We tried restarting PC, but it didn't help. This problem started happening today, and I make daily updates to my notebooks. Please resolve this soon. I know there is a plan to have OneNote app updated with new features (including features from OneNote for Windows 10) in later part of this year ( What’s Coming to OneNote - Microsoft Tech Community ) but that does not justify cutting support for OneNote for Windows 10 users when the improved version is not ready. Microsoft already took away the ability to export from OneNote for Web for OneNote for Windows 10 users too early ( Right clicking onenote folders is not working - Microsoft Community ), and this is the second problem. Support rep told me to provide feedback and refused to log a bug for that export issue. This sync issue is bigger because it blocks users from making edits. Please resolve this ASAP.

    Threads on this same issue:

    1. OneNote sign in and synching problem! - Microsoft Community
    2. OneNote for Windows 10 app sign in failure - Microsoft Community
    3. OneNote Will Not Sign Me In So It's Completely Useless - Microsoft Community

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-04-26T18:40:19+00:00

    At various of times of troubleshooting, I had this error as well. However, as I stated in my prior post, the most persistent issue is:

    "You don't have permission to access this section. We'll sync again if permissions are restored"

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-04-26T18:43:17+00:00

    Hello niloofaretemadfard,

     

    Sorry for the inconvenience caused by this issue.

     

    According to a description you are facing an issue with error message that prompts you to sign in to OneNote.

    For better understanding of this scenario please provide some additional information

    1. Please share a screenshot of the error message.
    2. Do you encounter the same issue when sign in to www.onenote.com or OneNote for Windows 10?
    3. May we know what else troubleshooting steps you tried?

     

    This information will help us to find a proper solution for your concern. Thank you for understanding.

     

    Best Regards,

    Igor

     

    Is there anything the end users all having similar issues can further provide beyond what's in this overall thread to help further troubleshoot, get to root cause, and then resolution?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-04-26T18:54:21+00:00

    I'm having the exact same issues as you with my OneNote app, however, I can open and use my notebooks on my browser! The interface for the browser version is much worse but since this seems to be happening to a lot of people, it'll do in a pinch.

    HOPE THIS GETS RESOLVED SOON!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments