A family of Microsoft products that enable users to capture, organize, and reuse notes electronically.
i have the same problem this keep showing up did all the troubleshooting steps
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello, in my one note app I keep getting the synching error which ask me to sign in. I click on the sign in button but no window open for me to sign in. I did many trouble shhoting steps, by deleting the app bu non worked. I have two devices and both are the same.
A family of Microsoft products that enable users to capture, organize, and reuse notes electronically.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I had the same issue on my work computer and on my android phone. I use my personal Microsoft account for OneNote across all devices. On desktop devices, I use 'OneNote for Windows 10,' rather than OneNote 2016. I prefer the user interface of OneNote for Windows 10.
OneNote had a message popping up saying it was working in offline mode and changes would not be sync'd unless I signed in. But clicking the "Sign In" button did not result in any pop-up window. Above that 'Sign In' button, my account name was there, showing that I was signed in, but the message did not disappear.
I signed out of my account and closed OneNote for Windows 10, then re-opened it and signed back in. My notebooks were not showing on the left side of the window, so I clicked "More Notebooks" and chose the notebook I was trying to use, then clicked "open" in the "Choose Notebooks to open" dialog box.
This added the notebook and all its sections, but none of the pages. And now, when I click on a section in my notebook, I get the message "You don't have permission do access this section. We'll sync again if permissions are restored."
I do not share my notebooks between any accounts, and I do not use any shared notebooks. This notebook is mine and mine alone, so I do not understand what would cause a permissions issue like this.
Note that the "to sync this notebook, sign in to OneNote" issue has reappeared. The Sign In button still does not do anything.
I then attempted to check OneNote on my Android phone (Galaxy S10+), only to encounter the exact same sequence of events: [Working offline, please sign in] --> [Already signed in] --> [Sign out] --> [Close, reopen, sign in] --> [You don't have permission to access this section].
I am able to use the "OneNote" app on my work PC without these errors, but not "OneNote for Windows 10." The "OneNote" app looks like this:
I do not have this app on my home PC, and it does not exist on android. I need to be able to access my notes, but all available microsoft support phone numbers have removed all of their tech support personnel and you cannot reach a real person - only a recording instructing you to look on the forums for answers.
Igor, I hope you can help with this issue. I have not seen this problem in my 8 years of using OneNote for Windows 10. Please let me know if there is additional information I can provide.
I have the same problem, it just started happening today, I tried everything to get it working. I can edit my notebooks on the web but it's kinda wack. When I try to sync my notebooks on the OneNote app on my laptop, it says I don't have permissions. I've used OneNote for some time now and have NOT made any type of permission changes like the error states. I edit my own notebooks and no others.
I'm having OneNote for Windows 10 permission issues that just started this morning. It's across three Windows 10 computers and my Android phone. After logging, I can view all my notebooks on my OneDrive and can open them. However after opening a notebook and going to a section, I get this error on every device:
"You don't have permission to access this section. We'll sync again if permissions are restored"
I can access the notebook directly from OneDrive (www.onenote.com) without issue on all devices through a browser.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled apps on all devices with no success and cleared the windows local cache directories as well.
This happens across all notebooks and no notebooks are shared.
This seems to be a systemic issue and not specific to the end app or machine.
I have the exact same problem! ):