OneNote sign in and synching problem!

Anonymous
2022-04-26T15:21:05+00:00

Hello, in my one note app I keep getting the synching error which ask me to sign in. I click on the sign in button but no window open for me to sign in. I did many trouble shhoting steps, by deleting the app bu non worked. I have two devices and both are the same.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For education | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-04-26T19:22:13+00:00

    Just like everyone else on this thread I am having the exact same issue. OneNote works fine but OneNote for Windows 10 is not responding and says, "You don't have permission to access this section. We'll syn again if permissions are restored."

    Also, like most of the other posts, I am the only person using my notebooks, so why wouldn't I have permission to the documents that I created???

    Spent 2 hours trying to troubleshoot methods to resolve the issue and nothing worked.

    Please fix the issue today so that I can use my documents again.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-04-26T19:06:57+00:00

    This is such a typical and useless response.

    Do you not have access to any computer with OneNote for Windows 10 installed with a notebook or two set up? It seems this error is extremely common today, and it needs to be addressed. Report it upwards, and let us know it is being worked on!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-04-26T18:58:41+00:00
    1. At first, I had a notification that there was a syncing issue and I had to sign in to resolve it. But I was already signed in and when I clicked the box, nothing showed up. Then I logged out and logged back in but then I got this

    Once again, when I click "Sign In" nothing happens and I can't look at any of my stuff. I've tried to log out and back in multiple times.

    1. I use the Windows 10 version, which is where I'm having issue. The browser version allows me to view my notebooks and edit them but is inferior to the Windows 10 version I'm used to.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-04-26T18:57:53+00:00
    1. Working offline (sign in required)

    One note can't sync because you're signed out. Sign in to continue sinking to the cloud and access your nose from anywhere.

    1. It is not a problem on www.onenote.com
    2. Install, uninstall, reinstall. Clearing cache. Clearing data.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-04-26T18:54:21+00:00

    I'm having the exact same issues as you with my OneNote app, however, I can open and use my notebooks on my browser! The interface for the browser version is much worse but since this seems to be happening to a lot of people, it'll do in a pinch.

    HOPE THIS GETS RESOLVED SOON!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments