OneNote sign in and synching problem!

Anonymous
2022-04-26T15:21:05+00:00

Hello, in my one note app I keep getting the synching error which ask me to sign in. I click on the sign in button but no window open for me to sign in. I did many trouble shhoting steps, by deleting the app bu non worked. I have two devices and both are the same.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For education | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-04-26T20:49:17+00:00

    You're welcome. There's nothing more infuriating than a dead thread that ends in "I don't have the problem anymore, bye," but dead silence is pretty close.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-04-26T19:54:02+00:00

    I have the same issue as well. when I sign out and sign in again in OneNote for Windows 10, I get a different error:

    There was an error communicating with the endpoint at 'https://docs.live.net/xxx'; The server returned HTTP status code '401 (0x191)'.; The requested resource requires user authentication/ The operation identifier is not valid Error 0x803D0005

    Any ETA on a fix? Started happening today.

    My notebooks open in OneNote for 365 (the desktop app) fine with no issues.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-04-26T19:52:06+00:00

    I have the same issue as well. when I sign out and sign in again in OneNote for Windows 10, I get a different error:

    There was an error communicating with the endpoint at 'https://docs.live.net/xxx'; The server returned HTTP status code '401 (0x191)'.; The requested resource requires user authentication/ The operation identifier is not valid Error 0x803D0005

    Any ETA on a fix? Started happening today.

    My notebooks open in OneNote for 365 (the desktop app) fine with no issues.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-04-26T19:38:09+00:00

    Many thanks for the update. It's a shame we did not get that proactively from MS.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-04-26T19:28:12+00:00

    I spoke with a customer service agent named Ferdie about this issue. After we went through the issue extensively, he informed me it is a server-side issue and has to be fixed on Microsoft's end, and that the details have been brought to their Software Engineers.

    Looks like the solution is to sit tight until they fix it on their end.

    For now, the "OneNote" app on my windows 10 PC (as opposed to "OneNote for Windows 10") and the onenote accessed via browser (onenote.com) both function normally. That's the band-aid until this gets fixed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments