Why are my excel popup windows transparent?

Anonymous
2022-12-03T13:37:24+00:00

For some reason, popup windows requiring dialogue are transparent, e.g. "Hide/Unhide" worksheets in a workbook. Eventually they appear normal, but very annoying. Affects other popup boxes as well.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-07-11T17:10:22+00:00

    How is this an answer? Congratulations! You've just been upgraded (by force) to a Windows 11! But wait, there's more! You now get to become a sysadmin and spend hours debugging code you didn't write.

    Lesson here is when you own the market, you can release buggy unstable betaware and leave it to you customers to sort out there problems. I've been on Windowns for 20 years, but now I'm getting a Mac.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-07-11T17:11:27+00:00

    This is just typical MSFT BS. I'm sick of it. I'm getting a Mac.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-07-11T23:05:20+00:00

    It has to do with the transparency effects in settings-accessibility-visual effects-transparency effects in Windows 11. If you turn this option off, the problem goes away. Seems like a Windows 11 problem but not sure it's not really an Office problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-07-19T13:55:29+00:00

    I made the change to the transparancy settings suggested by TomWendelin on July 12th and have not seen the problem again. This might be the definitive solution (fingers crossed).

    Maybe others could try this too and report back.

    Currently a happy Simon!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-07-19T17:21:25+00:00

    I made the change to the transparancy settings suggested by TomWendelin yesterday and have not seen the problem again. This might be the definitive solution (fingers crossed).

    Maybe others could try this too and report back.

    Currently a happy Simon!

    Same... Seems to be working fine. I had given up on any solutions and just accepted it. Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments