Why are my excel popup windows transparent?

Anonymous
2022-12-03T13:37:24+00:00

For some reason, popup windows requiring dialogue are transparent, e.g. "Hide/Unhide" worksheets in a workbook. Eventually they appear normal, but very annoying. Affects other popup boxes as well.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-06-12T17:03:23+00:00

    I have this issue on a brand new Windows 11 PC with a fresh install of Office 365 Family.

    I have tried every one of the many suggested fixes in this thread, no change.

    Hitting TAB sometimes makes the message box visible, but not always.

    This is super annoying.

    Any news of a fix ???

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-06-12T17:25:12+00:00

    I have found that pressing "Print Screen" forces a redraw of the dialog box. It's not a fix, but it makes the issue a little less annoying

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-06-12T17:37:28+00:00

    Thanks.

    My new PC doesn't have a Print Screen function. Sadly.

    However TAB works most of the time.

    I am surprised that this remains unfixed - I have another big annoyance in Excel 365 on W11 and a very big annoyance with Outlook 365.

    Not quite "oven-ready", it seems.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-06-12T18:18:46+00:00

    Still no solution for me, im still using tab to show the window.

    What I realized is that this isse only shows up on my windows 11 laptop. Seems to be only windows 11.

    Another thing i see is that it doesnt happen on my new windows 11 desktop.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-06-28T06:17:32+00:00

    I have exhausted all troubleshooting options except for performing a clean Windows installation. However, after reading the thread, it appears that even this step may not be effective in resolving the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments