A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data
I'm having the same, or a substantially similar, issue as described in the original post in this thread. I can create a new post, but I don't see how troubleshooting the issues on a different thread would be beneficial considering the number of people on this thread with no solution to the same problem.
I found another post indicating they had good luck changing the DDE lookup setting (I'm guessing it's the check box here: Options > Trust Center > "Trust Center Options" > External Content > "Enable Dynamic Data Exchange Server Lookup"). I am testing with this setting off to see if it fixes the issue, but as of yet I can not confirm if adjusting this setting makes the dialog box any better or worse.
UPDATE: changing the DDE setting did not fix the issue.