A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data
I am having this issue in Excel also; however, it is now happening in Outlook too. Maybe this is more of a windows 11/office issue.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
For some reason, popup windows requiring dialogue are transparent, e.g. "Hide/Unhide" worksheets in a workbook. Eventually they appear normal, but very annoying. Affects other popup boxes as well.
A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I am having this issue in Excel also; however, it is now happening in Outlook too. Maybe this is more of a windows 11/office issue.
Thought it might be a graphics issue with my external monitors but does it on laptop when not connected to monitors.
Found that right clicking on the “transparent” window menu bar resolves on a case by case basis.
Still needs to be acknowledged and fixed by Microsoft.
I found that the problem may be related to the refresh rate of display. If set it to 60 Hz or dynamic (60hz & 120 Hz) it will reduce the chances of transparent pop up. Probably linked to intel graphic driver issue because I am using Surface Laptop Studio.
I am running at 60hz and have the problem.
Yeah, I'm already at 60Hz too - still the same problem.