Why are my excel popup windows transparent?

Anonymous
2022-12-03T13:37:24+00:00

For some reason, popup windows requiring dialogue are transparent, e.g. "Hide/Unhide" worksheets in a workbook. Eventually they appear normal, but very annoying. Affects other popup boxes as well.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-12-20T04:37:07+00:00

    Hi MoonvilleMan,

    Thanks for your valuable feedback and sharing updates with us and I really appreciate your effort and your precious time doing. 

    And I appreciate your kind words.

    It seems that Windows 11 update may affect. If you Create a new user account under your Windows 11. See if it still alerts you with the same behaviour.

    Your understanding and patience will be highly appreciated. I hope that you are keeping safe and well!

    Sincerely,

    Waqas Muhammad

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-12-19T14:31:56+00:00

    TestSonora,

    I also feel like it is a Win 11 issue.

    This Clean Boot step recommended requires more time than I have right now.

    So I have not found a solution yet.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-12-17T19:49:13+00:00

    Exactly the same problem here. Feels like it is win 11 issue. Any news regarding this ? Did you find a solution?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-12-13T04:55:28+00:00

    Hi MoonvilleMan,

    Thanks for your valuable feedback and sharing updates with us and I really appreciate your effort and your precious time doing. 

    And I appreciate your kind words.

    It seems that the problem happened after you upgraded to Windows 11 and it eventually appears. May I know if my understanding is correct? I suspect there may be some Windows OS updates may affect.

    I would suggest you follow the methods to Perform aClean Boot under your Windows, and check if issue persist.

    Your understanding and patience will be highly appreciated. I hope that you are keeping safe and well!

    Sincerely,

    Waqas Muhammad

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-12-12T22:45:09+00:00

    Happens to me and my co-worker.

    Started for him when he upgraded to Windows 11 this past summer.

    Now it happens to me - just upgraded to Windows 11.

    I tried your Safe Mode and I still get the Transparent Dialog Box.

    Doesn't happen every time, and it eventually appears, but it is super annoying.

    The hardware graphics option you describe - I don't see those check boxes in my version of windows/office/excel.

    1. Yes - Happens to all Excel documents.
    2. Office Version:

    1. Other Office applications? Really don't know. We are primarily in Excel - rarely in other apps.
    2. Happen in new created files? Yes

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments