Why are my excel popup windows transparent?

Anonymous
2022-12-03T13:37:24+00:00

For some reason, popup windows requiring dialogue are transparent, e.g. "Hide/Unhide" worksheets in a workbook. Eventually they appear normal, but very annoying. Affects other popup boxes as well.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-06-12T17:03:23+00:00

    I have this issue on a brand new Windows 11 PC with a fresh install of Office 365 Family.

    I have tried every one of the many suggested fixes in this thread, no change.

    Hitting TAB sometimes makes the message box visible, but not always.

    This is super annoying.

    Any news of a fix ???

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-06-10T15:33:25+00:00

    I have the same issue.

    is there a fix?

    I've updated all drivrs and win 11 is up to date too.

    Thanks.

    Regards

    Stefan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-05-25T19:19:15+00:00

    I tried changing that setting, but I'm still seeing invisible dialogs using the "Optimize for compatibility" setting. Version 2304 (Build 16327.20248 Click-to-Run) Windows 11 22H2 OS build 22621.1778. (I've been seeing this same issue since before the 22H2 update

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-05-24T00:28:48+00:00

    This appears to be resolved by changing the Display Setting to 'Optimize for compatibility'

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-03-17T20:59:49+00:00

    Dustin,

    Thanks for the response. I understand your concern. You can submit feedback regarding this and it will go to the feedback team whom actions the feedback on the backend. unfortunately you will not get a direct update from them.

    if you go through the support route (creating a new post) in the escalation procedure, it is possible for engineering teams to be notified of the issue. with this you will get an update from the team.

    let me know how you wish to proceed,

    thank you,

    Anil Mohit Kumar

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments