Why are my excel popup windows transparent?

Anonymous
2022-12-03T13:37:24+00:00

For some reason, popup windows requiring dialogue are transparent, e.g. "Hide/Unhide" worksheets in a workbook. Eventually they appear normal, but very annoying. Affects other popup boxes as well.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-03-17T20:24:28+00:00

    Hello Dustin,

    Sorry to hear you are facing this issue, will you please create a new post so we can assist you with your issue specifically and if needed tag the posts as several users are facing the issue.

    Once you create the post do reply to me with the link or let me know you created it, I can check your profile and help you further.

    Thanks, Anil Mohit Kumar

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-17T20:09:30+00:00

    I have the same problem. It seems to be random when and which dialog boxes are transparent in excel for me. Seems to be ever since I updated to Windows 11. I have been having this issue on earlier builds of Windows 11 since before 22h2

    I had tried to capture an image of the transparent dialog box, but pressing the print screen button on my keyboard appears to force a refresh.

    I really hope a fix is forthcoming. I am tired of waiting a random amount of time for the contents of a dialog box to be visible.

    Current Software and version info:

    Windows 11 22h2 22621.1413

    Microsoft 365 Apps for business: Version 2302 (Build 1613020218 Click-to-Run)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-03-09T06:47:37+00:00

    I somehow manage to eliminate or minimize the problem by either turning on power saver mode or best performance mode. And also, avoid 120hz refresh rate, 120hz refresh rate increases the chances of this issue.

    If I use recommended power mode and 120 refresh rate, this issue appears very frequently.

    Take note also this issue appears on my Iris XE graphic card. If I switch to Nvidia discreate graphic card, it also helps eliminating the issue but at the expense of very jaggy excel experience. Excel doesn't support discreate graphic card well.

    This is a big annoying problem. Microsoft, please kindly fix this problem quickly! How many months already people taking about this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2023-03-07T20:47:39+00:00

    running 60 Hz as well.

    only solution for me, which is not really a solution but a (how we say on the street) spit and stick solution is pressing tab key when this happens and the window magically appear. its not whe only graphical issue i percieve tho

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments