Why are my excel popup windows transparent?

Anonymous
2022-12-03T13:37:24+00:00

For some reason, popup windows requiring dialogue are transparent, e.g. "Hide/Unhide" worksheets in a workbook. Eventually they appear normal, but very annoying. Affects other popup boxes as well.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-03-07T19:04:39+00:00

    Yeah, I'm already at 60Hz too - still the same problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-07T17:12:23+00:00

    I am running at 60hz and have the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-03-07T07:31:02+00:00

    I found that the problem may be related to the refresh rate of display. If set it to 60 Hz or dynamic (60hz & 120 Hz) it will reduce the chances of transparent pop up. Probably linked to intel graphic driver issue because I am using Surface Laptop Studio.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-03-03T19:16:19+00:00

    Thought it might be a graphics issue with my external monitors but does it on laptop when not connected to monitors.

    Found that right clicking on the “transparent” window menu bar resolves on a case by case basis.

    Still needs to be acknowledged and fixed by Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-03-02T01:59:49+00:00

    I am having this issue in Excel also; however, it is now happening in Outlook too. Maybe this is more of a windows 11/office issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments