Word Dictate keeps inserting the word 'open'

Anonymous
2022-10-20T18:57:38+00:00

A few days ago, Microsoft Word started randomly inserting the word ‘open’ into what I speak. I never say that word, it just automatically appears. I've looked through all the threads about similar issues in the past with words like ‘hey’ and have followed every single suggestion in those threads, including reinstalling Word. Nothing has worked. Most of the threads were from 2020 but I never saw if there was a final resolution. I've been using dictate and this version of Word for over a year now and have not had any issues until a few days ago. Please advise.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | Other | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-01-04T20:00:37+00:00

Hi CKGhostwriter!

Sorry for the delayed response.

We've just deployed a change that should fix the "open" issue. If you are still using the product, it would be great if you could use the dictation feature again to see that it fixed your problem. (Although deployment sometimes takes a few days).

If within the next week, you still don't see a fix, please report the issue through the office app with Help>Feedback. If you include the word "dictation" in your feedback, someone on the team should be reviewing your feedback in a timely manner.

This goes for anyone else reading this with the same issue.

Sorry about the experience. We are working hard to make it better for everyone!

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-03-28T16:47:52+00:00

    Dictation problem: I, too, have the problem with insertion of words I've not dictated. They all begin with "h" (small or cap): hh, hola, hoy, HD, etc"

    Please advise.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-21T16:10:51+00:00

    Hi CKGhostwriter!

    Sorry for the delayed response.

    We've just deployed a change that should fix the "open" issue. If you are still using the product, it would be great if you could use the dictation feature again to see that it fixed your problem. (Although deployment sometimes takes a few days).

    If within the next week, you still don't see a fix, please report the issue through the office app with Help>Feedback. If you include the word "dictation" in your feedback, someone on the team should be reviewing your feedback in a timely manner.

    This goes for anyone else reading this with the same issue.

    Sorry about the experience. We are working hard to make it better for everyone!

    Open, Open, Open, Open, Open. It's been CONSTANT this morning. Whatever "fix" you say you did, it did not work.

    I have an ASUS laptop, Microsoft® Word for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2212 Build 16.0.15928.20196) 64-bit,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-01-17T12:34:56+00:00

    I'm glad it worked for you. It didn't work for me. There is still an issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-01-17T02:50:01+00:00

    Seems to have worked thank you. Next time I hope MS tests updates better before they are released as my speech to text was crippled for weeks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments