Word Dictate keeps inserting the word 'open'

Anonymous
2022-10-20T18:57:38+00:00

A few days ago, Microsoft Word started randomly inserting the word ‘open’ into what I speak. I never say that word, it just automatically appears. I've looked through all the threads about similar issues in the past with words like ‘hey’ and have followed every single suggestion in those threads, including reinstalling Word. Nothing has worked. Most of the threads were from 2020 but I never saw if there was a final resolution. I've been using dictate and this version of Word for over a year now and have not had any issues until a few days ago. Please advise.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | Other | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-01-04T20:00:37+00:00

Hi CKGhostwriter!

Sorry for the delayed response.

We've just deployed a change that should fix the "open" issue. If you are still using the product, it would be great if you could use the dictation feature again to see that it fixed your problem. (Although deployment sometimes takes a few days).

If within the next week, you still don't see a fix, please report the issue through the office app with Help>Feedback. If you include the word "dictation" in your feedback, someone on the team should be reviewing your feedback in a timely manner.

This goes for anyone else reading this with the same issue.

Sorry about the experience. We are working hard to make it better for everyone!

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-05-05T02:40:52+00:00

    I have started getting the word if in a text window comment is insert / clear . Turned off Dictation.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-29T17:23:47+00:00

    Thank you, I appreciate the information.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-03-29T16:39:22+00:00

    I called Microsoft and Microsoft Tech went into my computer digitally and found some corrupt files that were removed. However, that did not resolve the problem. I kept getting the "open" error. The problem just went away for me about a week later. What was weird for me when I used google speech to text tool the "open" error still occurred! The problem resolved perhaps after a Microsoft update. Did you check to see if there is a Microsoft update you could install? If not take the time to call Microsoft Tech support to trouble shoot. It is not an easy process to contact Microsoft tech support but was provided on my PC out of warranty.  Good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments