Access Broken today 10th May 2022

Anonymous
2022-05-10T19:32:07+00:00

I had a call from one of my users today to say his database was just closing down as he clicked a button.

I got his front and back end files and ran them on a PC with Office 2010, they worked fine, but his Office 365 has been updated today and he has the problem on all his PC's.

I tried the front/backend files on two PC's I have that are running Office 365 and they too have the same issue.

It seems like Microsoft has broken things.

Is anyone else having issues after today's update?

Regards, Dennis

UPDATE: This mentions that the recent Office 365 update fixes problems in Excel, Outlook and Word, what it does not mention is that it broke Access! https://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-365-apps-build-1512820224-resolves-issues-with-excel-outlook-and-word/

UPDATE 2:

I managed to program around the main issue I was having, however I have just seen messages to say Microsoft have fixed it, I just tried the original database and it seems to be working fine. Thanks to everyone who posted their experiences here, it was very helpful.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | Other | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-05-10T22:04:21+00:00

    32 bit 15128.20224 for 5 machines that I know of. Did not get that information from everyone as after I got the same answer from 5 I figured they were all the same.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-05-10T22:08:47+00:00

    The line of code was one that did a requery on a subform, I remmed that out then got some of the other errors mentioned in a previous message.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-05-10T22:10:08+00:00

    No Debug to step thru. Though I did try putting in some break points to no avail. It would stop , I was comment that out and the next time it would move somewhere else. The Forms in question have nothing the same. I even removed all the On_Open, On_Current, On_Close code and still got the message. I couldn't lock it down and I am still trying to figure it out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-05-10T22:11:40+00:00

    And again, the same files work as expected in 2010 and 2013 and only started misbehaving around noon today.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more