Access Broken today 10th May 2022

Anonymous
2022-05-10T19:32:07+00:00

I had a call from one of my users today to say his database was just closing down as he clicked a button.

I got his front and back end files and ran them on a PC with Office 2010, they worked fine, but his Office 365 has been updated today and he has the problem on all his PC's.

I tried the front/backend files on two PC's I have that are running Office 365 and they too have the same issue.

It seems like Microsoft has broken things.

Is anyone else having issues after today's update?

Regards, Dennis

UPDATE: This mentions that the recent Office 365 update fixes problems in Excel, Outlook and Word, what it does not mention is that it broke Access! https://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-365-apps-build-1512820224-resolves-issues-with-excel-outlook-and-word/

UPDATE 2:

I managed to program around the main issue I was having, however I have just seen messages to say Microsoft have fixed it, I just tried the original database and it seems to be working fine. Thanks to everyone who posted their experiences here, it was very helpful.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | Other | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-05-10T20:39:20+00:00

    Hmm, having the same fun today. Your error look anything like this?

    • Property not found
    • No current record.
    • The search key was not found in any record.
    • The object doesn’t contain the Automation object ‘txtPurchaseOrde.’ (And while that is control on the Form it is not used in the code anywhere. Oh, and yes that is the way it is spelled in the message but not on the Form.)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-05-10T20:57:27+00:00

    Yes, the first three you mention have all been seen by me today!

    I am sure MS have broken things.

    I tried to roll back to an earlier version of Access, but I could not get that to work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-05-10T21:11:49+00:00

    I tired the roll back to no avail as well. Spent my day with this mess.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Tom van Stiphout 40,216 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2022-05-10T21:19:06+00:00

    Exact version numbers and bitness, please. See File > Account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. ScottGem 68,845 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2022-05-10T21:49:50+00:00

    What lines of code are causing the problem? Have you tried stepping through the code?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments