Access Broken today 10th May 2022

Anonymous
2022-05-10T19:32:07+00:00

I had a call from one of my users today to say his database was just closing down as he clicked a button.

I got his front and back end files and ran them on a PC with Office 2010, they worked fine, but his Office 365 has been updated today and he has the problem on all his PC's.

I tried the front/backend files on two PC's I have that are running Office 365 and they too have the same issue.

It seems like Microsoft has broken things.

Is anyone else having issues after today's update?

Regards, Dennis

UPDATE: This mentions that the recent Office 365 update fixes problems in Excel, Outlook and Word, what it does not mention is that it broke Access! https://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-365-apps-build-1512820224-resolves-issues-with-excel-outlook-and-word/

UPDATE 2:

I managed to program around the main issue I was having, however I have just seen messages to say Microsoft have fixed it, I just tried the original database and it seems to be working fine. Thanks to everyone who posted their experiences here, it was very helpful.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | Other | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. George Hepworth 23,120 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2022-05-10T19:36:07+00:00

    Please get screenshots, if you can, of the problem in progress. It's not out of the realm of possibility that this office got an update that caused it.

    Also, a screen shot of the version of Office running on the computers there, showing the build information.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-05-10T19:51:16+00:00

    Hi, thanks for the quick response.

    My clients office is closed now so I cannot get a screen grab of his version tonight (in the UK)

    The thing crashes when they click a button that has VBA code behind it to do various things. This has been running for over a year, and I believe he had an office update today. I tried to see if I could program around the problem and started getting all sorts of weird errors such as "No current record" and "property not found"

    It runs fine on Access 2010.

    I will get a screenshot of the clients version tomorrow.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. George Hepworth 23,120 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2022-05-10T19:57:57+00:00

    We can gather such reports for MS, but details and reproducible steps are always helpful to them. I'm thinking we'll see other reports as the updates roll around the world IF this is part of an Update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. George Hepworth 23,120 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2022-05-10T20:07:30+00:00

    Also please confirm the bitness of those Access versions with the problem. Some of the things mentioned are symptoms an accdb designed for 32 bit Access running under 64 bit, so let's try to rule that in or out as well. Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-05-10T20:23:14+00:00

    I have the problem on two PCs running 32 bit and one running 64 bit, same symptoms on both. The client uses a compiled version .accde but I have put my development version on all the PCs to try it, used to work on all, since today I have problems on Office 365 PCs both 32 & 64 bit Access

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments