Access Broken today 10th May 2022

Anonymous
2022-05-10T19:32:07+00:00

I had a call from one of my users today to say his database was just closing down as he clicked a button.

I got his front and back end files and ran them on a PC with Office 2010, they worked fine, but his Office 365 has been updated today and he has the problem on all his PC's.

I tried the front/backend files on two PC's I have that are running Office 365 and they too have the same issue.

It seems like Microsoft has broken things.

Is anyone else having issues after today's update?

Regards, Dennis

UPDATE: This mentions that the recent Office 365 update fixes problems in Excel, Outlook and Word, what it does not mention is that it broke Access! https://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-365-apps-build-1512820224-resolves-issues-with-excel-outlook-and-word/

UPDATE 2:

I managed to program around the main issue I was having, however I have just seen messages to say Microsoft have fixed it, I just tried the original database and it seems to be working fine. Thanks to everyone who posted their experiences here, it was very helpful.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | Other | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Tom van Stiphout 40,216 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2022-05-11T18:38:53+00:00

    I just heard from MSFT and they are able to fix this issue right away. They said to wait 1 more hour and then restart Access and the issue should be fixed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-05-11T18:20:36+00:00

    PaulRoss_499 That's interesting.

    I found that I had code in a forms open event that used

    Me.Recordset.FindFirst "lngRecordID = " & lngRecordToJumpTo

    I have replaced that with

      Dim recClone As Recordset 
    
      Set rst = Me.RecordsetClone 
    
      recClone.FindFirst "lngRecordID = " & lngRecordToJumpTo 
    
      Me.Bookmark = recClone.Bookmark 
    
      recClone.Close 
    
      Set recClone = Nothing
    

    It now works without crashing as that form is closed, however, when I close the main form that closes the database I now get "No Current Record"

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-05-11T17:26:33+00:00

    Problem started today, version 2204. I can reproduce very easily:

    • create a new database
    • create a table
    • create a form on the table
    • add code to the form load event: Debug.Print Me.Recordset.Recordcount

    Seems that any access to form's recordset in VBA causes problems.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-05-11T15:30:33+00:00

    The workaround to use RecordsetClone instead of Recordset does not apply in my case. I have always used the RecordsetClone method.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-05-11T15:11:58+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments