Access Broken today 10th May 2022

Anonymous
2022-05-10T19:32:07+00:00

I had a call from one of my users today to say his database was just closing down as he clicked a button.

I got his front and back end files and ran them on a PC with Office 2010, they worked fine, but his Office 365 has been updated today and he has the problem on all his PC's.

I tried the front/backend files on two PC's I have that are running Office 365 and they too have the same issue.

It seems like Microsoft has broken things.

Is anyone else having issues after today's update?

Regards, Dennis

UPDATE: This mentions that the recent Office 365 update fixes problems in Excel, Outlook and Word, what it does not mention is that it broke Access! https://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-365-apps-build-1512820224-resolves-issues-with-excel-outlook-and-word/

UPDATE 2:

I managed to program around the main issue I was having, however I have just seen messages to say Microsoft have fixed it, I just tried the original database and it seems to be working fine. Thanks to everyone who posted their experiences here, it was very helpful.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | Other | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-05-11T09:14:21+00:00

    I have different versions here that are also broken.

    Here's a 32 bit one

    Here's a 64 bit one

    I have just noticed that the versions show differently on the Account screen and when you click the About Access link?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-05-11T06:03:42+00:00

    Mine started with one and then spread. Let's hope you fare better.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-05-11T05:39:46+00:00

    Same sort of issue here with the database crashing when a particular form is closed. At least that's all so far.

    No problems on machines running updates prior to the latest.

    The problem machines are running Office 365 32 bit Version 2204 Build 15128.20178.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-05-10T22:33:47+00:00

    I'm replicating in 32 and 64 bit Access 365 at my client's site. I'm notseeing problems in Access 2016, or in my local 365 environment where I don't have updates on.

    Here's a screenshot of 64 bit version:

    I'm getting "No Current Record" when I open one form from another, in several forms that have been stable for years.

    I'm also getting these errors but they're harder to replicate on demand.

    • The search key was not found in any record.
    • The object doesn’t contain the Automation object
    • Property not found

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-05-10T22:18:49+00:00

    I can send Microsoft a form that reproduces it if it would be helpful. Let me know, it will take me a bit of work to strip it down to something that is not too convoluted.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments