Word randomly jumping to end of document and also opening 'save as' (Word for Windows)

Anonymous
2021-07-22T08:40:50+00:00

I'm just after some advice please. I am an academic editor and use Word 2016 professionally. I use track changes for every document. However, I have found that in many cases - probably 75% - I will be working on a document and the cursor will suddenly jump to the last page. This is incredibly annoying. I have discovered that this doesn't happen when I set it to 'view all markup', but I can't edit very easily when I can see all the changes so this is not an appropriate solution. Please note this is NOT the same issue that other users have had with the cursor jumping to the end after pressing 'enter' - that can be fixed in Page Setup and is not the same problem I am experiencing.

Another issue which may or may not be related is that the 'save as' box will also randomly pop up. I am definitely not accidentally pressing the shortcut as it happens when I'm typing or just when moving the cursor along the text using the arrow keys.

This has been happening for around a year now and at first I thought it was a bug that would be patched in later updates, but this hasn't happened. I have repaired the program with no success. Any advice would be most appreciated!

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-07-29T10:35:09+00:00

    Good thinking! I'll do that. Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-07-29T10:44:26+00:00

    You're welcome. :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-07-29T23:09:38+00:00

    Hi Lola1980,

    Thanks for getting back to us. We appreciate that you have raised this concern to think your colleagues are also experiencing same issue.

    We will replicate this issue to our end as soon as you provide the screen recording.

    We will wait for your reply here.

    Sincerely,

    Kathy A.

    Consumer M365 Forum Moderator

    Microsoft Community

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-07-30T10:11:11+00:00

    I couldn't upload to youTube so in have added a OneDrive link. Is that acceptable?

    https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmysEmPoWysKgYESBEy1e4N5avYNPA?e=ujaQhZ

    Here you can see the page number I was on, then the error occurring that takes me to the last page. I then show how changing from 'no markup' to 'all markup' prevents the error from occurring. Please let me know if you have been able to access the video.

    thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-07-30T10:33:04+00:00

    I watched the video. Clicking the link is enough.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments