Word randomly jumping to end of document and also opening 'save as' (Word for Windows)

Anonymous
2021-07-22T08:40:50+00:00

I'm just after some advice please. I am an academic editor and use Word 2016 professionally. I use track changes for every document. However, I have found that in many cases - probably 75% - I will be working on a document and the cursor will suddenly jump to the last page. This is incredibly annoying. I have discovered that this doesn't happen when I set it to 'view all markup', but I can't edit very easily when I can see all the changes so this is not an appropriate solution. Please note this is NOT the same issue that other users have had with the cursor jumping to the end after pressing 'enter' - that can be fixed in Page Setup and is not the same problem I am experiencing.

Another issue which may or may not be related is that the 'save as' box will also randomly pop up. I am definitely not accidentally pressing the shortcut as it happens when I'm typing or just when moving the cursor along the text using the arrow keys.

This has been happening for around a year now and at first I thought it was a bug that would be patched in later updates, but this hasn't happened. I have repaired the program with no success. Any advice would be most appreciated!

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2022-02-02T17:46:59+00:00

    In the article at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/how-do-i-give-feedback-on-microsoft-office-2b102d44-b43f-4dd2-9ff4-23cf144cfb11, click the tab for your operating system and follow the instructions.

    Software companies use "app" for just about everything nowadays. It adds to the confusion. <sigh>

    "In app" just means from within the program you are running. For example, in the full version of Word running under Windows, you can use File > Feedback.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-02-02T18:03:01+00:00

    Oh, OK, thank you Stefan. I confess I'm not entirely tech-savvy. I'm an editor, and more concerned with language than technology! ;)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-02-11T17:26:42+00:00

    Hi,

    Welcome to Microsoft Office Community Forum. Thank you everyone for sharing your concern and insights throughout this thread and we hope that all is well.

    We know that you have been looking for a resolution or fix for this issue and we appreciate everyone’s post in this thread. We believe that anyone who raised their concerns in Microsoft Community should be heard. Thus, we encourage you to create new thread for you to be assisted well - Create a new question or start a discussion.

    Thread locked by the moderator since it has already run its course. The efforts of all contributors in this thread are appreciated very much but we ask you now to focus them on other users’ concerns so that they can benefit from your help promptly.

    Kind regards,

    Kathy A.

    Consumer M365 Forum Moderator

    Microsoft Community

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments