A family of Microsoft relational database management systems designed for ease of use.
I've read somewhere else, that using UNC instead of mapped drives could solve the issue.
I can't confirm this for my Environment: If I want to access via UNC onto an already opened database with Access Version 13801.21092 (2102 SemiAnnual), I get the same error :-(
According to Sven Tegelmos investigations I've tried some different fileshares (all with UNC-Access):
- Our regular Fileserver, share as DFS-Namespace as above, volume with deduplication (our standard, as described above)--> Don't work
- Same Fileserver, share as DFS-Namespace as above, but volume with no deduplication --> Don't work
- Same Fileserver, share as "regular" Share, volume with deduplication --> works!
- Same Fileserver, share as "regular" Share, but volume with no deduplication --> works!
- Share on Win10 --> works!
It seems to me, that the way of sharing the database causes the issue.