A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Microsoft is aware of this problem and working on a solution.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hyperlinks which work in Word do not work in PDF
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Microsoft is aware of this problem and working on a solution.
I just noticed that the links are now working as before.
I'm running Version 2109 (Build 14430.20306).
I wonder if someone has the same experience.
HI and thank for the update.... there is no work around in the meantime that anybody has tried? Thanks you.
A suggested workaround in this thread is to upload the Word document to OneDrive, open it in the web browser, and then download the document as a PDF (see for example the reply by LGonzalez). This appears to preserve hyperlinks in tables of contents and other locations.
I'm seeing this as well, with PDFs converted by Word 2021, version 2109, build 14430.20270.
I have sent a message to the Office team, and I will post back with any information that I receive.
No, you don't need PDF Maker to preserve bookmark hyperlinks and TOC hyperlinks. Using Word and the option "Save as" -> "Save as type" -> "PDF" is enough. It had been working fine for over a decade and it was yesterday after an Office update that it stopped working properly.