A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Microsoft is aware of this problem and working on a solution.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hyperlinks which work in Word do not work in PDF
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Microsoft is aware of this problem and working on a solution.
I just noticed that the links are now working as before.
I'm running Version 2109 (Build 14430.20306).
I wonder if someone has the same experience.
HI and thank for the update.... there is no work around in the meantime that anybody has tried? Thanks you.
A suggested workaround in this thread is to upload the Word document to OneDrive, open it in the web browser, and then download the document as a PDF (see for example the reply by LGonzalez). This appears to preserve hyperlinks in tables of contents and other locations.
I did a factory reset on a laptop I have not used for a couple of years. After reinstalling Windows 10, office 365, and Adobe Acrobat Pro I was able to convert word files to PDF with workable hyperlinks.
This is not a bad solution if you manage your files with a cloud service. After I convert a file on my laptop it automatically appears in the same folder on my desktop.
Obviously these sorts of gymnastics should not be necessary.
Well I don't want to jinx it but after doing things in this order, I appear to be back in business.
This is on a Windows machine.
And it's all working again.
Anyone else find theirs working?