A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Microsoft is aware of this problem and working on a solution.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hyperlinks which work in Word do not work in PDF
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Microsoft is aware of this problem and working on a solution.
I just noticed that the links are now working as before.
I'm running Version 2109 (Build 14430.20306).
I wonder if someone has the same experience.
HI and thank for the update.... there is no work around in the meantime that anybody has tried? Thanks you.
A suggested workaround in this thread is to upload the Word document to OneDrive, open it in the web browser, and then download the document as a PDF (see for example the reply by LGonzalez). This appears to preserve hyperlinks in tables of contents and other locations.
You don't mention which version of Acrobat you have. The only method that I know of to preserve bookmark hyperlinks and TOC hyperlinks is to use PDFMaker (included with the full version of Acrobat). PDFMaker is accessed from the Acrobat tab that appears in Word.
Acrobat's PDF Maker gives the same result - no hyperlinks in the TOC. This is related to changes in Word, not to changes in Acrobat.
I just checked Word 2010 and the problem is not present there. It would likely be only in Word 2016-2021 (365).
I cant believe this is not getting more attention. What should I do to help escalate? Thanks
We are getting the same issue here and the client is on the September release schedule. I agree with JoeK_M this should be addressed asap.
Clay Carroll
The place to escalate this is through the Feedback mechanism in Word. Microsoft does not really see the things posted here. They are working on it.