A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Microsoft is aware of this problem and working on a solution.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hyperlinks which work in Word do not work in PDF
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Microsoft is aware of this problem and working on a solution.
I just noticed that the links are now working as before.
I'm running Version 2109 (Build 14430.20306).
I wonder if someone has the same experience.
HI and thank for the update.... there is no work around in the meantime that anybody has tried? Thanks you.
A suggested workaround in this thread is to upload the Word document to OneDrive, open it in the web browser, and then download the document as a PDF (see for example the reply by LGonzalez). This appears to preserve hyperlinks in tables of contents and other locations.
Thank you. How does one send a message to the Office team? Is that because you are a mod?
Same issue here — I use the same workflow as you and went through same troubleshooting as you.
I have been using this machine and the Office and Adobe installs without issue for the past several years.
It started this morning after Word updated itself (I think, because it wanted to walk me through some new features).
I have updated everything. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe PDF (with its built-in Adobe PDF Maker plug-in) multiple times.
I use the same security as you.
It's an obvious bug.
Amy