A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Microsoft is aware of this problem and working on a solution.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hyperlinks which work in Word do not work in PDF
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Microsoft is aware of this problem and working on a solution.
I just noticed that the links are now working as before.
I'm running Version 2109 (Build 14430.20306).
I wonder if someone has the same experience.
HI and thank for the update.... there is no work around in the meantime that anybody has tried? Thanks you.
A suggested workaround in this thread is to upload the Word document to OneDrive, open it in the web browser, and then download the document as a PDF (see for example the reply by LGonzalez). This appears to preserve hyperlinks in tables of contents and other locations.
I cant believe this is not getting more attention. What should I do to help escalate? Thanks
I’m having the exact same problem. I never had an issue until yesterday either.
Previously created PDFs using File>Export>Create a PDF/XPS Document work fine, but the hyperlinks to bookmarks don’t work when I export new Word documents to PDF.