Read Aloud Voices in WORD (they disappeared)

Anonymous
2021-11-30T00:39:13+00:00

After upgrading my laptop to Windows 11, I tried Read Aloud in Word. To my surprise there were several voice options that were not there when I was using Windows 10. Then, after a week of using it to proofread my manuscript, I rebooted my laptop (something I do regularly to ensure updates) and the Read Aloud was ****. I tried to change back to the good voice and there were only the standard three voices (David, Zira, Mark). I worked with Microsoft support, who reinstall my Office 19 twice before finally saying there were only the three voices and I had to live with it.

Was I in some weird twilight zone for a week and not in the real world? What happened to my good Read Aloud voice? and how can I get it back?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-06-28T14:38:35+00:00

    There really is no best way for ordinary customers. As the number of complaints grow, the likelihood of something happening grows. As you can see from this thread, this problem has been going on since last year. If more people would write to [ feedbk at microsoft dot com ] then they at least get the message that there is a problem (doesn't mean they'll fix it because they may have a different business reason to not have the non-subscription tools performing below the subscription tools (Office 365). It's a money issue for them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-06-28T14:37:28+00:00

    I typed in that, was directed to https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/

    I griped, added it in a couple of places, and feel an nth degree better about anything happening. We'll see...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-06-28T14:16:47+00:00

    What is the best way to bring it to their attention then? Do you have a link to a messaging service or something?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-06-28T13:57:20+00:00

    If everyone with this problem tries to resolve it through the Microsoft Customer Feedback account [Microsoft Customer Feedback <feedbk@microsoft.com>] that's feedbk at microsoft dot com. I've written several times and gotten some response (no solution, though they did say on the last one that my problem has been solved which, of course, it wasn't). If enough people complain officially to them (not through this user forum), maybe they'll get the hint that customers are dissatisfied.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-06-28T13:51:37+00:00

    The email address above was removed for Microsoft's privacy. (??) maybe this will go through.

    Microsoft Customer Feedback <feedbk@microsoft.com> feedbk at microsoft dot com

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments