Cannot open any more databases error 3048

Anonymous
2022-02-03T09:53:13+00:00

Over the years I have developed several applications in Access for my personal use. In the last two days I have suddenly encountered the error message "Cannot open more databases" with each application. I have re-installed Microsoft 365 several times and compacted and repaired my databases - all to no avail. I am wondering if something has recently changed in Microsoft 365 Access to cause this problem. Whatever the cause I would appreciate any help to resolve the issue.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-02-10T22:46:36+00:00

    @Kark,

    BTW, when is your next Access News Cast?

    as if don't you have enought to talk about ; )

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-02-10T23:30:42+00:00

    Hi Kent,

    It is delayed a bit because I've had too much "real" work and also wanted to wait for the outcome of the current bug wave (yes, it will be mentioned ;-). I have just started shooting. Producing the whole thing will probably take 10-14 days.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-03-01T11:43:48+00:00

    Hi Karl,

    We also encountered error 3048, cannot open more databases beginning of February.

    We rolled back to the version before that and switched the updates off.

    Is this bug fixed now?

    Thanks

    Oliver Burrell

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-03-01T12:11:42+00:00

    Hi Oliver,

    According to Microsoft it is fixed with the Office build 14827.20192 or higher. I think I've not seen 3048 mentioned any more by people who installed the more current updates.

    However, there have been several reports in different forums from people who say they still can't compact/repair or they experience Access crashes with the current builds. We've reported it to MSFT but it is difficult to clear what causes these problems.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments