Cannot open any more databases error 3048

Anonymous
2022-02-03T09:53:13+00:00

Over the years I have developed several applications in Access for my personal use. In the last two days I have suddenly encountered the error message "Cannot open more databases" with each application. I have re-installed Microsoft 365 several times and compacted and repaired my databases - all to no avail. I am wondering if something has recently changed in Microsoft 365 Access to cause this problem. Whatever the cause I would appreciate any help to resolve the issue.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-02-04T11:33:08+00:00

    HI Daniel. Yes I read everything, including other posts and have been thinking about what to do. I have also been going through my own code to see if there are obvious mistakes that could cause the issue. Right now I am inclined to go back to an earlier version including the temporary cessation of accepting further updates. I am snowed under at the moment and it will be a few days before I surface and can proceed with a solution. Regards. Geoff

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-02-04T10:13:39+00:00

    Did you check the link I provided? Did you try either workaround?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-02-04T09:30:12+00:00

    Thanks, except this can also happen after a restart and on the first time of opening the database so there shouldn't be any other connections or threads open.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-02-03T23:29:43+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-02-03T11:33:55+00:00

    Hi George. Many thanks for your very quick response which has put my mind at rest. Yes, my version is 2201 at build 14827.20158. I think it is clear from my trouble shooting that Microsoft staff have made changes in this version that have resulted in the message occurring and stopping my applications from running. I will send details to Microsoft as you suggest and encourage them to solve the issue. Regards. Geoff

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments