How can I remove the AutoSave button on the left side of my Quick Access Toolbar in Excel (version 2110)?

Anonymous
2021-11-18T02:03:45+00:00

I do NOT AutoSave selected when I customize the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT). In File > Options > Save, I have NOT checked AutoSave One Drive and Sharepoint Online files by default on Excel.

I did not have this button yesterday. Sadly, MS decided to install an update.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-02-16T23:10:17+00:00

I figured it out!

Click the Upcoming Features button near the right end of the title bar (the little horn icon) and turn off the "new experience" switch near the bottom of the Coming Soon pane. Restart Excel and Poof! The annoying autosave feature is gone.

Hope this helps!

Since it is related:

I also figure out that you can move the quick access toolbar to be part of the title bar so it looks like Excel 2016 (and so you can still have a "save as" button on the top left corner after you remove the autosave stuff):

Click the little arrow down button after the quick access icons and the last item is "show above the ribbon" - that moves your quick access icons to the title bar like in Excel 2016, which removes one of those huge new bezels MS added in Office 365.

Was this answer helpful?

300+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-04-21T02:29:02+00:00

    cal222, I have been trying to remove this AutoSave button for the longest time and your method worked! Thanks for sharing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-04-20T08:25:05+00:00

    Thank you, thank you, thank you! It was soooo annoying that darn little icon :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-03-15T07:19:51+00:00

    Cal222

    Perhaps another challenge for you :-)

    How does one remove this

    I use the Data tab to bring into my spreadsheet stock market information and every time you open Excel with an imbedded financial feature this message pops up. Another irrrrretating message from Microsoft but how to turn off or remove this message\disclaimer?

    Hope it's okay that I ask you this.

    RWG1959

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-03-15T07:08:47+00:00

    Oh yea!!! Finally someone has figured this out. Thanks a million and 1 to you cal222 for sharing this with us it worked exactly as you described. I really didn't like that sticking up in my title bar.

    An added note: Back in the early 1990's I was working late one night on an Excel spreadsheet and had been at it for hours when suddenly the electricity went out and I lost everything. There was no AutoSave feature back then so I learned to hit save frequently and even learned the CTRL + S key to save. 30 years on I'm still doing this so I don't need no stinken AutoSave but it can work for some people we just need a choice to have or have not.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments