How can I remove the AutoSave button on the left side of my Quick Access Toolbar in Excel (version 2110)?

Anonymous
2021-11-18T02:03:45+00:00

I do NOT AutoSave selected when I customize the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT). In File > Options > Save, I have NOT checked AutoSave One Drive and Sharepoint Online files by default on Excel.

I did not have this button yesterday. Sadly, MS decided to install an update.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-02-16T23:10:17+00:00

I figured it out!

Click the Upcoming Features button near the right end of the title bar (the little horn icon) and turn off the "new experience" switch near the bottom of the Coming Soon pane. Restart Excel and Poof! The annoying autosave feature is gone.

Hope this helps!

Since it is related:

I also figure out that you can move the quick access toolbar to be part of the title bar so it looks like Excel 2016 (and so you can still have a "save as" button on the top left corner after you remove the autosave stuff):

Click the little arrow down button after the quick access icons and the last item is "show above the ribbon" - that moves your quick access icons to the title bar like in Excel 2016, which removes one of those huge new bezels MS added in Office 365.

Was this answer helpful?

300+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-07-27T14:27:07+00:00

    Don't wotk..... sorry.... Microsoft fill people's patience

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-07-12T15:34:52+00:00

    THANK YOU!!! I hate software that tries to be smarter than me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-07-12T15:32:19+00:00

    How do you get rid of Auto Save on the title bar?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-04-21T09:54:29+00:00

    I figured it out!

    Click the Upcoming Features button near the right end of the title bar (the little horn icon) and turn off the "new experience" switch near the bottom of the Coming Soon pane. Restart Excel and Poof! The annoying autosave feature is gone.

    ...

    ADDITIONAL PROCEDURE COULD BE NECESSARY:

    Thank you call222; it finally worked after an additional procedure for me.

    I use Word included in Office 365.

    Indeed, when I clicked on the "Upcoming features" button (megaphone icon in the right part of my "Quick Access Toolbar + Title Bar"):

    • no pop-up
    • but the message: "Your organization's administrator turned off the service required to use this feature".

    Procedure to get around this blockage:

    File->Options->General->Privacy Settings.
    Check:
    All connected experiences
    Then check:
    Experiences that analyze your content
    Experiences that download online content

    After that (and Word restarted), the "Upcoming features" window pops up when megaphone is clicked.

    cal222's procedure

    Follow cal222's procedure as described by him (see supra).

    Reverse the Privacy Settings

    (if you want so for better privacy)

    File->Options->General->Privacy Settings.
    Uncheck.

    The huge and space wasting "AutoSave Button" remains absent.

    PS:

    On the other hand, my Dark mode vanished after the procedures.

    I restored it like this:

    File->Options->General->Paragraph "Personalize your copy of Microsoft Office"->Office theme: choose "Use system setting" (provided Windows general settings are already in Dark mode [the case for me]).

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments