How can I remove the AutoSave button on the left side of my Quick Access Toolbar in Excel (version 2110)?

Anonymous
2021-11-18T02:03:45+00:00

I do NOT AutoSave selected when I customize the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT). In File > Options > Save, I have NOT checked AutoSave One Drive and Sharepoint Online files by default on Excel.

I did not have this button yesterday. Sadly, MS decided to install an update.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-02-16T23:10:17+00:00

I figured it out!

Click the Upcoming Features button near the right end of the title bar (the little horn icon) and turn off the "new experience" switch near the bottom of the Coming Soon pane. Restart Excel and Poof! The annoying autosave feature is gone.

Hope this helps!

Since it is related:

I also figure out that you can move the quick access toolbar to be part of the title bar so it looks like Excel 2016 (and so you can still have a "save as" button on the top left corner after you remove the autosave stuff):

Click the little arrow down button after the quick access icons and the last item is "show above the ribbon" - that moves your quick access icons to the title bar like in Excel 2016, which removes one of those huge new bezels MS added in Office 365.

Was this answer helpful?

300+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2022-01-01T12:30:21+00:00

    Thanks for identifying what has happened, this is helpful! Do you know of a way to edit what appears on the Title Bar? I don't want the 'Save' icon there, it means I run the risk of accidentally saving over existing work, I always use 'Save as'. It is driving me crazy.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-12-03T01:55:53+00:00

    when you press "Alt" the buttons are labeled "ZA" and "ZV" in Microsoft Home and Business 2021, Excel. Not in Word.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-12-01T15:09:52+00:00

    Hi Jen, perhaps this works for business users, but for home installations, when you go into Quick Access Toolbar to change it, the button (toggle switch) simply isn't there in the list to be removed. They have embedded this at some sort of deeper level. I have looked and looked (and looked; you get the idea) for how to remove this (not switch it off, not move it) and can't find a solution. If you can help... wow.

    Was this answer helpful?

    50+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments