How can I remove the AutoSave button on the left side of my Quick Access Toolbar in Excel (version 2110)?

Anonymous
2021-11-18T02:03:45+00:00

I do NOT AutoSave selected when I customize the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT). In File > Options > Save, I have NOT checked AutoSave One Drive and Sharepoint Online files by default on Excel.

I did not have this button yesterday. Sadly, MS decided to install an update.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-02-16T23:10:17+00:00

I figured it out!

Click the Upcoming Features button near the right end of the title bar (the little horn icon) and turn off the "new experience" switch near the bottom of the Coming Soon pane. Restart Excel and Poof! The annoying autosave feature is gone.

Hope this helps!

Since it is related:

I also figure out that you can move the quick access toolbar to be part of the title bar so it looks like Excel 2016 (and so you can still have a "save as" button on the top left corner after you remove the autosave stuff):

Click the little arrow down button after the quick access icons and the last item is "show above the ribbon" - that moves your quick access icons to the title bar like in Excel 2016, which removes one of those huge new bezels MS added in Office 365.

Was this answer helpful?

300+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-12-16T15:50:07+00:00

    Options -> General -> uncheck "Show safe commands in the application header"

    The "Upcoming Features" method did not work for me, perhaps the autosave title bar function has been moved to a permanent feature.

    Options -> General -> uncheck "Show save commands in the application header" works and appears to be the proper solution now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-04-23T14:00:06+00:00

    In Options\General turn off "Show save commands in the application header"

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-03-12T20:00:09+00:00

    Thank you! It works, because you just revert back to the previous look/feel. I would prefer to be able to customize the Title Bar, the Quick Bar, etc... so I can see the other new features, which I might like..... this seems to be "all or nuthin'!"

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more