Lost all animation when converting PowerPoint to video

Anonymous
2020-12-27T21:19:28+00:00

Hi

I can't seem to find this answer anywhere on the Web. I created a PowerPoint presentation with animations, recordings and transitions between slide. As usual I would save this as a open document on my one drive or desktop. I then exported this PowerPoint into a full HD video. Previously it would work perfectly. Today when I converted it into a video all my animations, transitions and sound editing were deleted. So when I played the video it was slides and audio but no animations or effects. When I went back to PowerPoint all my animations had disappeared from the animation pane. This was the case for all my power points. I decides to re animate 15 slides and try the process again. I saved a copy on USB. When I converted desktop version to video app animation was lost. I plugged USB and opened up PowerPoint and animation was lost. 

I have tried to restore previous copies of my powerpoint but none of them have a copy of my animation. I'm confused as it means I can no longer create my educational PowerPoints.

Please can someone help 

Thank you!!!

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-01-06T20:44:34+00:00

    Thanks for getting back to us with the information.

    We’ve got further instructions that were given by our Internal Support to work on this concern. We truly appreciate your continuous efforts in troubleshooting this issue in PowerPoint.

    As per their advice, our Internal Support would like you to repro or replicate the issue one more time on your end, and then send a frowny face via the PowerPoint, as they are coordinating to the PPT engineering team for further checking. They may need to verify if it has something to do with the feature itself or wait for an update to get this fixed. Upon sending a frown face or feedback inside the PowerPoint app itself, please make sure to check the Attach my logs to help troubleshoot box, so it will be redirected to the engineering team.

    Image

    Image

    We’ll still inform you once they have provided additional recommendations.

    Let us know if you may have any clarifications on this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-07T00:38:23+00:00

    I have sent a frown face/ But there was no option to send log. Please see screenshot. Thank you. 

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-07T19:09:20+00:00

    Hi Harpreet,

    I am working with Louie on this one now. Could you tell us the time you sent the "frowny face" and what email you entered?

    We need this information to search for your submission.

    We appreciate your help and patience so far! Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-01-07T23:15:58+00:00

    I sent the message just before I posted the screenshot. The email address is *******Removed info for security***@hotmail.co.uk 

    Thank you 

    ***Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the*Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions* for more information on how you can protect your privacy.***

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-01-07T23:45:11+00:00

    Relaying this information over now.

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments