Lost all animation when converting PowerPoint to video

Anonymous
2020-12-27T21:19:28+00:00

Hi

I can't seem to find this answer anywhere on the Web. I created a PowerPoint presentation with animations, recordings and transitions between slide. As usual I would save this as a open document on my one drive or desktop. I then exported this PowerPoint into a full HD video. Previously it would work perfectly. Today when I converted it into a video all my animations, transitions and sound editing were deleted. So when I played the video it was slides and audio but no animations or effects. When I went back to PowerPoint all my animations had disappeared from the animation pane. This was the case for all my power points. I decides to re animate 15 slides and try the process again. I saved a copy on USB. When I converted desktop version to video app animation was lost. I plugged USB and opened up PowerPoint and animation was lost. 

I have tried to restore previous copies of my powerpoint but none of them have a copy of my animation. I'm confused as it means I can no longer create my educational PowerPoints.

Please can someone help 

Thank you!!!

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-01-05T18:22:44+00:00

    Thanks for waiting.

    Just to inform you that we’ve raised this concern to our Internal Support for further checking and we’re still waiting for their recommendation.

    Please standby.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-03T21:56:20+00:00

    Thanks for standing by on this concern.

    We’ve already seen the link you’ve shared in the private message. We’ll check on this further on our end and we’ll get back to you afterwards.

    Louie Del

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-01T13:32:58+00:00

    I am sending the link now. 

    Yes that is correct.

    In the meantime I created a different presentation which I converted to a video. The video had the animation but it was jumpy. When I went back to edit the powerpoint the animations had disappeared. I have have also attached a link for this in the private message.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-12-30T23:17:43+00:00

    Thanks for getting back to us, Harpreet.

    As of the meantime, we’re still in the process of identifying if the issue is related to application itself or file specific. You may send the request sample file in the private message where you’ve replied to, aside from replying here in the public thread.

    When you mentioned that before converting the PPT file to a video, you’ve performed the Office repair first and the original PowerPoint file have lost some of its animation afterward. Is that correct?

    We’ll wait for your response.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-12-30T21:16:36+00:00

    Please can you help. I spent 2 hours animating a powerpoint. Before I converted it to a video i decided to perform the repair of office. When I have opened the powerpoint again most of the animations have been lost. I have the original copy on my gmail account. I'm scared to send over one drive as I may loose all the work. Please can you help me!

    Thank you once again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments