Lost all animation when converting PowerPoint to video

Anonymous
2020-12-27T21:19:28+00:00

Hi

I can't seem to find this answer anywhere on the Web. I created a PowerPoint presentation with animations, recordings and transitions between slide. As usual I would save this as a open document on my one drive or desktop. I then exported this PowerPoint into a full HD video. Previously it would work perfectly. Today when I converted it into a video all my animations, transitions and sound editing were deleted. So when I played the video it was slides and audio but no animations or effects. When I went back to PowerPoint all my animations had disappeared from the animation pane. This was the case for all my power points. I decides to re animate 15 slides and try the process again. I saved a copy on USB. When I converted desktop version to video app animation was lost. I plugged USB and opened up PowerPoint and animation was lost. 

I have tried to restore previous copies of my powerpoint but none of them have a copy of my animation. I'm confused as it means I can no longer create my educational PowerPoints.

Please can someone help 

Thank you!!!

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-23T17:25:23+00:00

    Thanks for waiting. We’d just want to let you know you that we’ve sent a follow up on this concern to our Product/Engineering team, however, there are no updates yet. We’ll provide further updates once we get any.

    Regards.

    Louie Del

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-05-16T17:50:33+00:00

    Just to inform you that we haven’t received any updates yet. Rest assured that we’re monitoring this accordingly and following it up at the same time to our Product/Engineering team. We’ll get back to you once we got any updates from them.

    Louie Del

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments