paragraphs disappear when I type in word for Mac

Anonymous
2020-11-21T02:09:54+00:00

I had a previous version of word installed on my computer but when I upgraded to Big Sur I was forced to use Office 365. Now when I type in Word previous or subsequent paragraphs disappear and I constantly have to highlight the white space and click on the font color. It is extremely frustrating when trying to write a paper. Others have had the issue so it's not a keyboard issue and I do not have overwrite on. I followed the thread and did not see a solution.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-02-19T06:48:02+00:00

This may have been fixed in the 16.46 update. Please install the update, then test again.

Here's how to install updates:

Update Office for Mac automatically - Office Support

I will have to test it more extensively, but it does appear to have fixed it "at first blush."

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-11-21T16:51:32+00:00

    I have almost the same problem.

    I work with the latest version of MS Word for mac 16.43 version.

    My operating system is 11.0.1 Big Sur.

    After the macOS update I noticed that randomly parts of paragraphs disappear. To resolve it I have to scroll down or up in the document and click somewhere in the text. 

    It's really frustrating. 

    You can see that a random part of the disappearing paragraph in the picture below. (I've blurred the text).

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-12-04T11:24:46+00:00

    I have exactly the same fault now too, ever since upgrading to Big Sur. I am using Word 16.43 on the 2020 Macbook Pro 13. It's a nightmare, because lines already typed keep disappearing, and whilst clicking on the font colour black makes it reappear, that is only temporary before random lines disappear again. It is impossible to refer "back" to what you have recently typed. It is especially bad when using Word online via sharepoint. I am at my wits end! It is making the using of Word almost impossible, especially when preparing documents rapidly against deadline.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-11-24T22:19:01+00:00

    I have the same problem, it started after I updated my MacBook Pro 13 to Big Sur.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-11-24T12:24:49+00:00

    I have exactly the same issue and it seems to have arisen when my Apple computer OS was upgraded last week to macOS big Sur version 11.0.1.

    Is ther a fix? All I can do at moment is change 'zoom' constantly to follow disappearing text.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments