Sorry we couldn't find https //d.docs.live.net

Anonymous
2020-11-19T02:30:41+00:00

Im having an issue when creating a new word doc using Microsoft 365 Personal

Opening up the office 365 interface on my Laptop, i then select "Word" for the left side tab, select "Blank Template" and its at this point it get:

sorry we couldn't find https //d.docs.live.net/........../Document.docx. Is it possible that it was moved, renamed or deleted?

(All of my web searches come back with "Open" instead of "Find" when looking up this issue.)

It does however open up a word doc after clicking ok but my ocd is kicking in not knowing what this is about. If i repeat the above process a number of time, it leaves a document inside my onedrive folder and keeps incrementing. Document1.docx etc.

Word and PowerPoint both have this error but Excel opens fine.

Im running windows 10 latest version, 

Can anyone please help?

Cheers

Shane

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-04-22T04:18:36+00:00

    I have a new laptop and the same problem I am searching for a fix

    Like the response of Stefan Blom above where he said: "Report the issue from within the Office app and...". In your Office app and on your mouse left click Help, then choose Contact Support. Microsoft Support staff will assist you to the extent that they will control temporarily your computer remotely to fix the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-04-22T05:15:51+00:00

    The only fix that might be out there is if Microsoft tells us how, but unless I pay for their one time occurrence support I am not sure I will get the answer.  I am unfortunately not willing to pay $500 for that kind of support.  Microsoft should provide us with a response in these chats, but they don't appear to do so.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2021-04-22T08:01:52+00:00

    You can report any issue via the Feedback function. You don't have to contact (paid) support.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-04-24T07:04:08+00:00

    I made it myself. It is free.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-06-01T01:05:14+00:00

    I'm having the same issue. The number just keeps increasing every time I create a new Word document. It's very annoying. I just purchased a brand new laptop along with a Microsoft 365 Key. Anyone solve the issue???

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments