Sorry we couldn't find https //d.docs.live.net

Anonymous
2020-11-19T02:30:41+00:00

Im having an issue when creating a new word doc using Microsoft 365 Personal

Opening up the office 365 interface on my Laptop, i then select "Word" for the left side tab, select "Blank Template" and its at this point it get:

sorry we couldn't find https //d.docs.live.net/........../Document.docx. Is it possible that it was moved, renamed or deleted?

(All of my web searches come back with "Open" instead of "Find" when looking up this issue.)

It does however open up a word doc after clicking ok but my ocd is kicking in not knowing what this is about. If i repeat the above process a number of time, it leaves a document inside my onedrive folder and keeps incrementing. Document1.docx etc.

Word and PowerPoint both have this error but Excel opens fine.

Im running windows 10 latest version, 

Can anyone please help?

Cheers

Shane

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-04-13T18:24:33+00:00

    I too have this problem with my new HP Pavilion computer. l installed Office 365 and got the problem, which I never had before, I tried the suggestion of creating a template, but it did not fix the problem.  Not sure how to resolve this problem.  Can anyone help?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-04-20T14:46:45+00:00

    I encounter the same error message.  Please provide assistance.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2021-04-20T17:44:07+00:00

    I encounter the same error message.  Please provide assistance.

    Report the issue from within the Office app and then use the workaround: start Word directly and then create your new document.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-04-20T22:04:31+00:00

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-04-21T13:21:34+00:00

    I have a new laptop and the same problem I am searching for a fix

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments