Sorry we couldn't find https //d.docs.live.net

Anonymous
2020-11-19T02:30:41+00:00

Im having an issue when creating a new word doc using Microsoft 365 Personal

Opening up the office 365 interface on my Laptop, i then select "Word" for the left side tab, select "Blank Template" and its at this point it get:

sorry we couldn't find https //d.docs.live.net/........../Document.docx. Is it possible that it was moved, renamed or deleted?

(All of my web searches come back with "Open" instead of "Find" when looking up this issue.)

It does however open up a word doc after clicking ok but my ocd is kicking in not knowing what this is about. If i repeat the above process a number of time, it leaves a document inside my onedrive folder and keeps incrementing. Document1.docx etc.

Word and PowerPoint both have this error but Excel opens fine.

Im running windows 10 latest version, 

Can anyone please help?

Cheers

Shane

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-03-16T12:48:14+00:00

    Same exact issue. I can open an almost blank document by clicking on General notes instead of New blank document. Idiotic. I am glad this is just a trial of Microsoft 365, because it is way more hassle than it's worth.

    If you are using the Office app and it generates an error message, the workaround I suggested earlier in this thread applies: create a new blank document from within the full version of Word instead of using the app.

    You can use the Feedback facility to report the issue with the app to Microsoft.

    Thank you, Stefan. Can you please explain your workaround in more detail for the Word-impaired? I am not (yet) aware that I have two ways to employ Word.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2021-03-16T12:57:53+00:00

    How are you starting Word and/or creating documents today? 

    If you have the full version of Office installed, you can start an individual program via the Start menu. An even simpler way is to pin a shortcut to the Windows taskbar.

    Just right-click the application name and choose Pin to Taskbar. See also https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/can-t-find-office-applications-in-windows-10-windows-8-or-windows-7-907ce545-6ae8-459b-8d9d-de6764a635d6.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-16T14:53:45+00:00

    Does it not seem odd to you that Microsoft could tolerate a basic operation in its software that only works if you hold your mouth the right way? Surely its software team can find a solution to this behaviour!

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2021-03-16T15:08:11+00:00

    Does it not seem odd to you that Microsoft could tolerate a basic operation in its software that only works if you hold your mouth the right way? Surely its software team can find a solution to this behaviour!

    If the Office app has a Feedback command, report the issue. 

    Of course, since creating an Office file via the app is possible, it should also work properly. (Personally I'm not affected by the issue, because I always get rid of the app. I prefer to make direct use of the programs in the full Office suite.)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-03-16T23:06:52+00:00

    I have the same problem. I too just installed Office 365 on a new computer and keep on getting this message.

    Regards,

    Rudi

    I implemented the suggested solution to pin word to the Taskbar and yes that solved the problem, thank you BUT if that is required why dose the Office link get loaded to the desktop ( and I belief to the taskbar) during installation if that dose not work properly?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments