Sorry we couldn't find https //d.docs.live.net

Anonymous
2020-11-19T02:30:41+00:00

Im having an issue when creating a new word doc using Microsoft 365 Personal

Opening up the office 365 interface on my Laptop, i then select "Word" for the left side tab, select "Blank Template" and its at this point it get:

sorry we couldn't find https //d.docs.live.net/........../Document.docx. Is it possible that it was moved, renamed or deleted?

(All of my web searches come back with "Open" instead of "Find" when looking up this issue.)

It does however open up a word doc after clicking ok but my ocd is kicking in not knowing what this is about. If i repeat the above process a number of time, it leaves a document inside my onedrive folder and keeps incrementing. Document1.docx etc.

Word and PowerPoint both have this error but Excel opens fine.

Im running windows 10 latest version, 

Can anyone please help?

Cheers

Shane

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-01-03T18:50:56+00:00

    What the heck!

    I got a brand new laptop and installed Office365 from my organization and if I launch word not directly but through Office app, when I click new document I keep getting:

     "we couldn't find https d docs live net document 34.docx is it possible it was moved , renamed or deleted"

    and the number keeps increasing to 35, 6, 7, 8 , 9, 40 and counting.

    Please confirm if there is a problem with the product and when it will be fixed, rather than making irrelevant suggestions.

    you may even contact me to go through steps to reproduce it but please consider us as descent users of Microsoft products and nothing less if not more.

    I tried clearing cache, credential manager cache and all that and yet here we are

    thank you,

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2021-01-03T20:20:03+00:00

    You can report this issue to Microsoft. Use the feedback facility in the Office app (assuming that there is one).

    Note that nobody here can make promises on behalf of Microsoft, because we are volunteer contributors.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-02-28T18:28:25+00:00

    What the heck!

    I got a brand new laptop and installed Office365 from my organization and if I launch word not directly but through Office app, when I click new document I keep getting:

     "we couldn't find https d docs live net document 34.docx is it possible it was moved , renamed or deleted"

    and the number keeps increasing to 35, 6, 7, 8 , 9, 40 and counting.

    Please confirm if there is a problem with the product and when it will be fixed, rather than making irrelevant suggestions.

    you may even contact me to go through steps to reproduce it but please consider us as descent users of Microsoft products and nothing less if not more.

    I tried clearing cache, credential manager cache and all that and yet here we are

    thank you,

    Hey!

    I also have the same problem, did you manage to solve it.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2021-02-28T18:43:16+00:00

    The workaround is not to use the Office app (see previous replies in this thread). You don't really need it, when you have the full Office suite.

    Of course, you should still report the bug to Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-03-02T20:46:01+00:00

    What is the best way to report the bug to Microsoft?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments