A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Same for me. Error goes away when OneDrive is closed. It's almost like it's trying to open the document before it's created it.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Im having an issue when creating a new word doc using Microsoft 365 Personal
Opening up the office 365 interface on my Laptop, i then select "Word" for the left side tab, select "Blank Template" and its at this point it get:
sorry we couldn't find https //d.docs.live.net/........../Document.docx. Is it possible that it was moved, renamed or deleted?
(All of my web searches come back with "Open" instead of "Find" when looking up this issue.)
It does however open up a word doc after clicking ok but my ocd is kicking in not knowing what this is about. If i repeat the above process a number of time, it leaves a document inside my onedrive folder and keeps incrementing. Document1.docx etc.
Word and PowerPoint both have this error but Excel opens fine.
Im running windows 10 latest version,
Can anyone please help?
Cheers
Shane
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Same for me. Error goes away when OneDrive is closed. It's almost like it's trying to open the document before it's created it.
Hi Jazlyn,
I have EXACT same problem as Shane, but I can't find your response. I would also add that I closed the "OneDrive" app and the problem went away. Everytime the OneDrive app is on the problem persists.
I would greatly appreciate if you could point me to the solution to this thread.
Thank you,
Parisa
Same problem here. If I ignore it Word works normally but it is annoying. Starting without using the Office app works fine.
Dear MS, just for once, please don't close the thread without a solution.
Same exact issue. I can open an almost blank document by clicking on General notes instead of New blank document. Idiotic. I am glad this is just a trial of Microsoft 365, because it is way more hassle than it's worth.
If you are using the Office app and it generates an error message, the workaround I suggested earlier in this thread applies: create a new blank document from within the full version of Word instead of using the app.
You can use the Feedback facility to report the issue with the app to Microsoft.
What is the best way to report the bug to Microsoft?
In the full version of Word (installed on a PC), you can use File > Feedback > Send a Frown. Or you can go to https://word.uservoice.com.