Onenote Android app share functionality

Anonymous
2021-01-02T17:08:14+00:00

Greetings and happy new year,

I have seen this problem in a lot of forums and it is unfortunately not working yet, at least for me. I have an Android phone, a google pixel 3a, and whenever I try to share anything to OneNote (a webpage, a tweet or whatever) I always get this notification. Someone could support me here? I tried already to uninstall the app, erase my data and the cache one and install it again, and still not working.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-01-03T16:55:36+00:00

    Hi RGC92,

    We got your concern about being unable to share a webpage, a tweet and others via the OneNote app for Android, as you’re getting an error that says it can’t download and to check the internet connection and try again. Let’s work on this together and we’ll assist you in the best way we can.

    This may be an application-related issue. Since you’ve already reinstalled the app and encountered the same error message, may we confirm the build/version of the OneNote for Android app that’s installed on your device? Also, did you just encounter the issue recently or you’re unable to share via OneNote even before?

    By the way, we’ve tried replicating this concern and we’ve got the same error message on the Android devices we’ve used on our end. Having said that, we’ll be seeking assistance to our Internal Support to check on this further and see what their recommendations about this would be. For now, please stand by while we raise this concern to them.

    Let us know if you may have other questions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-03T17:42:37+00:00

    Hi Louie Del,

    Thank you very much for your quick response.

    Here the OneNote Build/version: 16.0.13530.20004

    And just it case it helps, additional info of my Android device:

    Phone: Pixel 3a XL

    Android Version 11

    This has been a long term issue for me, at least since I have this phone (more than a year and a half), with my previous Android phones this was working well. I have been doing the work-around of copying the link of what I want to save in OneNote, open the app, make a new note and copy it there, but it would be nice if some time the share functionality will work.

    Thank you in advance for your time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-04T16:05:10+00:00

    You're welcome. Thank you also for letting us know about that.

    We’ll include the rest of the information provided and inform our Internal Support about this.

    To notify us and have us get back to you, simply reply to this post.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-01-05T21:38:43+00:00

    Thanks again. I would like you to notify me in case you fix the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-01-06T20:42:16+00:00

    You’re welcome. Noted on that. We’ve sent a follow-up message to our Internal Support about this and we’ll let you know the soonest time once they have checked and provided recommendations.

    Let us know if you may have any questions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments