Onenote Android app share functionality

Anonymous
2021-01-02T17:08:14+00:00

Greetings and happy new year,

I have seen this problem in a lot of forums and it is unfortunately not working yet, at least for me. I have an Android phone, a google pixel 3a, and whenever I try to share anything to OneNote (a webpage, a tweet or whatever) I always get this notification. Someone could support me here? I tried already to uninstall the app, erase my data and the cache one and install it again, and still not working.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-04-06T13:41:15+00:00

    More information:

    Using the beta version of the app, saving to Sticky Notes works (this is not a solution however, because all the data goes to the same place, as we can't select the section). I am quite certain the "Save as Image" component is the one that fails, trying to do something on the cloud, getting the preview, etc. 

    Please offer us the possibility of disabling the "Save as Image" option from the settings or make it disabled by default. It is deeply disappointing how Microsoft is treating this issue, while aiming to be the premiere solution for remote work...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-04-06T09:03:28+00:00

    In order to expedite the process, these are the steps I tried so far, to no success:

    • sync notebook
    • clearing app cache
    • clearing app data
    • uninstall+reinstall app
    • change account password so that I am logged out of all devices
    • resolving all note conflicts
    • joining beta program and updating the app to the beta version
    • turning off Connected Experiences privacy permissions in app settings

       - the sharing functionality is disabled if the "Experiences that download content" setting is disabled, turning it back on does not solve the issue

       - turning on Optional Diagnostic Data does not solve the issue

    • using a VPN

    The behavior related to the Connected Experiences settings leads me to believe the problem is connected to communications during the share process with cloud components. From this thread (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_onenote-mso_amobile-mso_mobapps/one-note-share-on-android-stopped-working/669a5491-d1a5-440a-a074-cc5241794952?page=3) it seems likely that turning off the save as image option could be a solution, but for me the option is permanently enabled and grayed out

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-04-05T21:57:15+00:00

    Hi hf4,

    We acknowledge that you’re also having the same issue. A follow up was already sent yesterday and we’re waiting for the update of our Internal Support about this concern.

    Please standby. Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-04-05T16:18:12+00:00

    I am also encountering this problem, virtually making a note taking app useless for taking notes on my phone. I am using a Samsung A72. 

    *I want to also add that the Save as Image swotch is enabled but unselectable, I don't want to use this and it's probably the cause of the issue, I can't understand why this is forcibly enabled by default.

    **The same issue occurs on a Galaxy Tab S6 Lite Tablet

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-04-04T22:20:58+00:00

    Hi franciscog4,

    Thanks for letting us know about that. We acknowledge that you’re also having issues with OneNote for Android. We’ve tried to send a follow up on this and we’ll let everyone know if we received any updates with this.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments