Onenote Android app share functionality

Anonymous
2021-01-02T17:08:14+00:00

Greetings and happy new year,

I have seen this problem in a lot of forums and it is unfortunately not working yet, at least for me. I have an Android phone, a google pixel 3a, and whenever I try to share anything to OneNote (a webpage, a tweet or whatever) I always get this notification. Someone could support me here? I tried already to uninstall the app, erase my data and the cache one and install it again, and still not working.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-24T04:47:23+00:00

    I have the same issue. Onenote used to work perfectly. At some stage (cannot precisely say when) it stopped working (oneplus2, Redmi Note7). I tried it on my daughters Samsung S7 and it worked ok, that was a reason to buy a new/other (second hand) phone Samsung 9. But it also didnt work!

    This is when I started looking for alternatives to Onenote....

    In my frustration I posted this on Reddit:

    It's the little things.... What has irritated me for some time, is how Microsoft spends so much money in upgrading it's products for it's own profit but seems unable to provide a consistent product/service without changing for its own benefit without regard for its customers (so called improvements, but usually to do with improving it's own bottom line) Let's not talk about changing ui metaphors and forcing people to (costly) relearn. Lets focus on usability, consistency and testing.... Printing

           - why can't I print only the first page or a range (win10)

    • why can't I print on android or ipad

    My android version wont except sharing of links from my browser (samsung s9, redmi note 7)

    In the last months I keep getting page conflicts.

    I have been using Microsoft products nearly my whole working career (40+ years) It is the same story for most suppliers (apple, google,....) "we have to keep creating new shiny things for corporate" xxx(never mind) the end user with old equipment or with small bufget or occasional users. Keep changing and produce shiny low quality products and expensive services without backwards compatibility.

    I'd love to see the test suite/plan/scope for their qa departments. I suspect they have a bunch of ma empty heads with focus on their salary/benefits/career without a real grasp of who their users really are (poor or non-existent user journeys).

    I really love onenote and excel.

    But in 2021 thankfully there are better products that suit my needs now for free. #grumpyGrandad

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-05-14T16:35:01+00:00

    I can confirm that. How's that happening again? It was said that the problem was finally resolved!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-05-14T13:29:18+00:00

    Hello, since yesterday, it does not work again.

    same error occurs, and does not save webs from edge.

    Please repair it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-05-02T17:50:51+00:00

    Thanks for waiting. We’ve got an update from the Product Specialist team and suggest to update your OneNote app to the latest version and test it out. Please let us know how it goes, so we can report it back to them.

    We’ll wait for your confirmation.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-04-26T18:22:16+00:00

    Thanks for standing by on this concern. We’d just want to confirm others if they have also updated their OneNote version and have the functionality work already.

    As indicated in our previous message, the ETA on the fix is expected to be on April release.

    Regards.

    Louie Del

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments