Onenote Android app share functionality

Anonymous
2021-01-02T17:08:14+00:00

Greetings and happy new year,

I have seen this problem in a lot of forums and it is unfortunately not working yet, at least for me. I have an Android phone, a google pixel 3a, and whenever I try to share anything to OneNote (a webpage, a tweet or whatever) I always get this notification. Someone could support me here? I tried already to uninstall the app, erase my data and the cache one and install it again, and still not working.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-04-07T11:19:59+00:00

    Can also confirm that the new beta update does not solve the issue.

    After further tests, I have found a temporary yet very disruptive fix: establishing a VPN connection to endpoints in the Asia region (tested with Japan and Singapore, using two devices, one of which is enrolled in the Beta) allows saving web pages using the share functionality in the browser (Chrome Beta on Android). "Save as Image" is always enabled; even after a successful save where I turn it off, the next time it will be again enabled and grayed out until the app does the processing with the Microsoft server. The fact that sharing works when using specific VPN connections is a clear indication that the problem is related to the Microsoft servers, not with any client configuration.

    Connecting to VPN endpoints on the US East region does not solve the problem. Inspecting data packets shows that when not using a VPN connection, the app communicates with servers in The Netherlands (as I am based in Europe). The issue manifests on all tested browsers (Firefox, Chrome and Chrome Beta) as well as for any content that uses this share dialogue (not the one with the OneNote "badge", those work).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-04-07T09:58:50+00:00

    Hello,

    today's beta update to version 16.0.13929.20094 has unfortunately not changed anything. I use OneNote on an Android tablet and on an Android smartphone. "Save as image" was deselected at least once immediately after installing the update, but then again no longer.
    

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-04-06T21:26:10+00:00

    Thanks for providing that information. As of the moment, we’re still waiting for the recommendation of our Internal Support since this was already reported to them and under investigation. All the steps you’ve tried so far on your end are acknowledged and noted. We’ll inform everyone once we got any updates from them.

    We truly appreciate your patience on this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-04-06T13:41:15+00:00

    More information:

    Using the beta version of the app, saving to Sticky Notes works (this is not a solution however, because all the data goes to the same place, as we can't select the section). I am quite certain the "Save as Image" component is the one that fails, trying to do something on the cloud, getting the preview, etc. 

    Please offer us the possibility of disabling the "Save as Image" option from the settings or make it disabled by default. It is deeply disappointing how Microsoft is treating this issue, while aiming to be the premiere solution for remote work...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-04-05T21:57:15+00:00

    Hi hf4,

    We acknowledge that you’re also having the same issue. A follow up was already sent yesterday and we’re waiting for the update of our Internal Support about this concern.

    Please standby. Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments