Message Get Genuine Office

Anonymous
2021-03-01T23:33:18+00:00

I get this message when I open Office 2019. Get Genuine Office you may be a victim of software counterfeiting. Avoid security risks and get genuine office now. When I click on Get Genuine Office it takes me to a Get Office 365 page. My office 2019 is Genuine. Is this a way to sell 365. Is there a way to stop the message.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-14T13:45:12+00:00

    I can not believe that Microsoft still did not fix this problem. I still have the bug and it is very disturbing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-14T13:55:19+00:00

    My solution that worked for me.

    1. If you have any previous MS office ISO, install that over the existing installation

    here, "previous" doesn't mean 2007 or 2013 or 2016, it could be the same version as you have currently installed that is showing the warning, just that the ISO was before that warning code was added to iso. I have a three year old ISO of MS office 2019, so I reinstalled that.

    (note: no read to uninstall anything, as uninstalling will probably remove all settings you have changed in it)

    2, disconnect net. (or you can even disonnect it before step 1)

    1. Run any office app (e.g. word or excel)

    go to File - Account - Office Updates - select "disable updates"

    close that app.

    you can connect to net now.

    Now, your office will not be updated so that culprit piece of code that started showing that "warning" will not come to your installation, and your office will run. However, you are stuck with the version of MS office that your ISO had. It will not get updated ever.

    or you can search net and find the MS Office iso that was last just before that "warning", and then you can install that, and do the above and you will have MS office without that warning.

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-15T16:47:02+00:00

    It didn't work for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-16T19:49:11+00:00

    I get this message when I open Office 2019. Get Genuine Office you may be a victim of software counterfeiting. Avoid security risks and get genuine office now. When I click on Get Genuine Office it takes me to a Get Office 365 page. My office 2019 is Genuine. Is this a way to sell 365. Is there a way to stop the message.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-06-17T23:52:41+00:00

    This is what I get now . VSRawat I tried your method and it got rid of the message for now. If anyone has a better solution please post.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments