Message Get Genuine Office

Anonymous
2021-03-01T23:33:18+00:00

I get this message when I open Office 2019. Get Genuine Office you may be a victim of software counterfeiting. Avoid security risks and get genuine office now. When I click on Get Genuine Office it takes me to a Get Office 365 page. My office 2019 is Genuine. Is this a way to sell 365. Is there a way to stop the message.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-04-11T15:27:28+00:00

    Jen I bought Office 365 and did delete the Version that was installed on my PC (believe to be a fake), however the same massage pops-up in the new version (365). Funny just the Outlook part, everything else is 100%.

    Please help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-04-20T01:05:32+00:00

    Here's what worked for me.

    file/options/Privacy Settings

    Under All Connected Experiences uncheck Enable Connected Experience and restart Office.

    In Outlook 2016 and later this option is under File -> Office Account, look for Account Privacy and under that is a button for Manage Settings. 

    Worked for me!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-04-27T17:53:02+00:00

    Here's what worked for me.

    file/options/Privacy Settings

    Under All Connected Experiences uncheck Enable Connected Experience and restart Office.

    DaleDalka

    You are a gem, dear. Your method eventually worked for me after I had puzzled for an hour with that message and searched all over google. Thanks a gig.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-05-17T20:44:19+00:00

    I removed the warning by following these instructions for removing genuine office warning

    However, I still agree with NicoTheunissen. It is weird to get this warning when you actually paid for it. Is there any warning in the event logs?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-05-17T22:12:04+00:00

    Please stop disabling Connected Experiences for nothing and try this solution first: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/troubleshoot/activation/reset-office-365-proplus-activation-state

    If your File -> Account window does not look like this:

    then it is not out of the question that your previous license interferes with the 365 Subscription. Clean the old licenses as described in the aforementioned article and try to reactivate the Office.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments